Old April 4th 06, 01:11 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default A New Entry for the Sloth Glossary: The -5 Sloth

"Larry Bud" > wrote in
ups.com:

> Old Wolf wrote:
>> Scott en Aztlán wrote:
>> > Here's an as-yet-unnamed subcategory of Sloth: the -5 Sloth. The -5
>> > Sloth drives around everywhere at 5 MPH below the posted speed limit.
>> >
>> > The reason why the -5 Sloth drives at (SL - 5) is still a mystery

>> They think they are doing the SL, but their speedo reads high.
>> (I have observed many Japanese cars come from the factory
>> with high speedos -- perhaps an attempt by the manufacturers
>> to make their car look better in crash statistics).

> "You have observed"??? In what way?
>
> Have you done objective tests?

How would a "high speedo" make a car look better in CRASH stats?

They might come with "high speedos" to sell in the European market,where
some roads have high speeds.

(the term "high speedo" brings to mind some homo in tiny swim trunks;"butt
floss".) B-)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik