Old March 5th 06, 04:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default 97' GV 3.3 cooling fan problem

"Bentracer and Bentrider" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hello:
> i am having a problem with my 97' GV 3.3 cooling fans,problem is that
> while i'm in stop and go traffic as you may know engine gets hotter and
> the cooling fans come on as does mine,except that mine will stay on at
> the higher speed and will NOT shut off at times until i turn off the
> engine ans restart it again and they will come back on when the temp
> reaches a higher lever and then again will not shut off until i turn
> off the engine.
> i have replace the cooling fan relay which is up under the left side
> wheel well.
> thr coolant temp sensor is working properly.
> so can anyone tell me what may be causing this problem.
>
> Thank You
> Earl

The coolant temp sensor that controls the fan is in the coolant passage on
the engine. If the thermostat is not opening all the way it will cause the
fan to run longer .
When the fans are on..... see if the air coming across the radiator is cool
after they have been running for awhile, if so you may want to replace the
thermostat.

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech