Old July 22nd 05, 01:47 AM
y_p_w

Rozo wrote:
> For those who wish to see evidences of SUV drivers' attitude problem:
>
> http://www.geocities.com/digitallfun/

The city of Palo Alto, California has a policy for parking cars larger
than 72 inches wide or 15 feet long in compact spaces. The article
also mentions the lot where I used to park in Berkeley every day. The
lot was often full:

"Berkeley's two city garages and two city lots are managed by Ampco
parking, where manager Rex Barrios said oversize parking in compact
spots has not been brought to his attention as a problem.

Tickets are issued and cars are towed, however, when people purposely
take two spaces to park one car to avoid dings, Barrios said."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...02/MN55782.DTL

Recently I saw a large van in my office complex garage that was two
feet into the next space. A violation notice was attached, with the
threat of revokation of parking privileges.