Old July 16th 05, 11:29 PM
James C. Reeves

"C.H." > wrote in message
> 223rem wrote:
>
>> The Neon SRT-4 is indeed nice. No question it is infinitely more fun
>> than the Corolla.
>>
>> The question is whether it is reliable. Not very likely, given that
>> it is in its first (or second) year.
>>
>> Same question applies to the hemi engines.

> The LS1 was reliable right from the start. Why shouldn't the Hemi be?

The new Chrysler HEMI engines are "displacement-on-demand" technology that
switches to 4-cylinder operation when under light load. I'd likely wait 3
to 4 years before buying one as well to see how well those engines pan out
over time. We all remember Cadillac's similar "V8-6-4" technology.

> If Toyota or Honda made either you would be raving about it.

Not me...never owned either one either. Even if I was interested, I
wouldn't buy first or second run vehicles from any manufacturer.

> But of course, it is american, so if you can't find fault with
> its performance you have to with its reliability.

Why say stuff like that to/about people?