Old August 17th 06, 02:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
kc10[_1_]

Default Engine running hot (or temp gauge showing it is)

I would do the easy things first. Check to make sure your radiator
and or your AC condenser are not blocked or filled with debris
(sawdust). I had a plastic bag blow into my radiator and it blocked
the cooling air, but at a stop light it fell down and the engine
cooled off.
A clogged AC condenser could raise the engine temp if the AC is used.
If they are all clear, I would suspect a thermostat is sticking. They
are relatively easy to replace and cheap. Good Luck tracking down the
problem.