Old May 5th 06, 03:21 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Clear coat, cleaning alumimun rims?

Hello experts,

I have bought a used set of aluminum rims.
Good to very good condition. I want to do a
few things before mounting them.

In a few places, I notice that there are black scuff marks.
What is the right cleaner to clean these?
I was thinking of swirl remover that you might use on
the body to remove scratches.

Also, the clear coat is broken in a few places.
About the size of half of my pinky's fingernail.

What can I use to touch this up? I'm thinking of a
brush on application for this small area. Would
polyurethane for wood work?

Thanks a lot