Old June 17th 05, 07:33 PM
Comboverfish

Daniel J. Stern wrote:

> They do, they just *also* use this dumbassed always-live hydraulic switch.

OK, 'cause I've never seen a Ford without a brake pedal mounted switch.
There has to be a reason (regardless of merit) that the bean-counting
cheapskates at Ford would authorize a redundant switch. It may have
been to *ironically* appeal to the safety crowd, or perhaps there is
some goverment incentive for added safety features.

> Remember, you can start a fire with nothing more than a Brillo pad and a
> "dead" 9v smoke alarm battery.

Perhaps Ford could build their redesigned hydraulic switches to include
a tiny capsule of chlorine, so that during most assured failure, the
chlorine would react with the brake fluid and cause a much hotter, more
pleasing fire. Our products are hot, hot, hot!

Toyota MDT in MO