Old December 16th 04, 06:02 AM
Jim Levie

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 05:17:02 +0000, EggRaid wrote:

> Thanks All. I looked through the bentley's and it doesn't seem like too
> tough of a job on the 1993 740i. The part looks to be about $200US. Any
> comments regarding a first-timer doing this task?

It isn't a difficult job. Just take care to clean the lines well where
they connect to the Master Cylinder before removing the old unit to keep
from introducing dirt into the circuits. I always leave the brake lines
loose at the master cylinder until I've worked all of the air out of the
new unit. That saves quite a bit of time when bleeding since you don't
have to push as much air all the way through the system and out the
calipers. Be sure to wash off and brake fluid the gets on painted parts,
it can take the paint off if left for a while.

--
The instructions said to use Windows 98 or better, so I installed RedHat.