Old October 12th 04, 12:40 AM
Glen Rolland

In article >,=20
says...
> "Glen Rolland" > wrote in message
> d.com...
> > A week ago I took delivery of a new Alfa 156 Sportwagon GTA which is
> > every bit as good as I hoped, it's fantastic fun to drive!
> >
> > The one minor irritation is that I cannot get the CONNECT hands free GS=

> > phone system working with a T-Mobile pay as you go SIM card, it simply
> > can't find the T-Mobile network, it only seems to recognise the Cellnet
> > (O2) and Vodaphone networks.

>=20
> Hey Glen
>=20
> Just a thought, but O2 and Vodafone are on the same band (900Mhz). Orang=

> and T-Mobile use 1800Mhz I believe, so could it be that your system is
> single band?
>=20
> Rgds
>=20
> Stuart
>=20
>=20
>=20

Stuart

Many thanks for the suggestion, I have checked the manual again and it=20
does indeed only cover the 900mhz band, pity the salesaman didn't tell=20
me that rather than offer the advice that "you can use any SIM card", it=20
would have saved me =A330, as I had no idea there were different GSM=20
bands.

I will go and buy an O2 SIM card tomorrow, my religion (I'm a Man City=20
fan) prevents me from having anything to do with Vodaphone.

My trip up to The City of Manchester stadium for the game against=20
Chelsea will be my first real run out in the car, (I live in=20
Hertfordshire), as I've only done around 130 miles since I got it.

This is my 3rd Alfa, I started with a 33 1.7 16v (brilliant fun) and=20
have been borrowing my wifes 156 1.8 TS company car for the last 3=20
years, she's about to replace it with an Audi TT 3.2 Quattro as her=20
lease has expired and her company no longer allows Alfa's due to the=20
depreciation, she wanted to get a 147 GTA.

Hopefully the moron's who clog the middle lane will be shamed into=20
vacating it by the current campaign on the news and I will get a clear=20
run up the M1 and M6 toll road to put the car through its paces, though=20
I need to be a little careful until I finish saving up for a "New Road=20
Angel" to protect my license.

Regards

Glen

=20