Old July 8th 05, 02:31 PM
Mike Romain

Stephen Cowell wrote:

> "Jeff Strickland" > wrote in message ...

> > > 3) What is an "Induction Flush" how important is it? Is it worth approx
> > > $150 to have done?
> > >

> > This is a giant bottle of snake oil. You can buy a few small bottles of
> > snake oil at the auto parts store and pour one in with every fill up for the
> > next several weeks.

> Or just use Chevron gasoline... Shell gas also has
> the high-tech additives in it now. This is one service
> you don't need... major boondoggle.
> __
> Steve
> .

I just tried a tank of that Shell 91 octane super crap on a trip and my
engine went insane!

I don't know what is in it, but my manually set up 258 would 'not' run
over 65 mph except on a down hill, I even had to gear down on a couple
long uphill runs, which is unheard of for my rig, even 3rd gear wouldn't
pass 65 mph! (normally 3rd pulls fast up to at least 75 mph)

I also lost about 30% for gas mileage. It made for a long trip home
too.

I finally got it low enough and put in Esso gas and magically my engine
came back alive with it's normal tire chirp off a fast start and top end
power restored.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's