Old December 18th 04, 03:05 AM
Mark Olson

jhonny wrote:

> I own a 99 ford explorer V6. I want to know whats the average mileage I
> should be expecting. Right now I am getting about 300-330 miles per
> tank (21 gallons). So am I getting the average mileage or not??????

You didn't specify what conditions that you drive under.

All freeway, all city, a mixture of freeway and city driving, infrequent
short trips, mostly long trips, high speed, low speed, hot climate, cold
climate, a light foot on the accelerator, a stoplight dragster, or what?

It all makes a _lot_ of difference.

Oh, and do you use gasohol or straight gasoline? That matters, too.