Old March 23rd 05, 09:04 PM
Tikka3006

"knagy389us" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> Hate to bring this up again, but before I go crazy with what options I
> actually have, can someone tell me if the factory 1 1/4" hitch can be
> removed and replaced with a 2" hitch? It looks to be integrated into the
> frame. I was trying to stay away from that Valley convert-a-hitch.
> Haven't seen any pix of it installed and I don't want to use it if it
> hangs too low.
>
> Thanks
> Ken
> '02 XLS

I had my 02 Explorer class 3 (2" square) hitch installed at a place called
Discount Hitch. I asked if they could remove the existing class 2 (1 & 1/4"
square) hitch and they said, "no, since its part of the frame." What they
did was install the new hitch under the existing one and its not too low.
Its perfect height for trailers.