Old December 2nd 04, 04:22 AM
geoffers

Yes, you have to watch out about those "new" chrome bails. They don't
hold their shape as well as used german bails. I've been running them on
my engine and had an oil drip problem that was only remedied by putting on
a set of used german bails.

You must have lucked out and got a set of bolt on covers with exceptional
build quality. But, I think the design of the bail style covers is much
better for dealing with the thermal expansion/contraction cycle of the
engine. Plus, it is so convenient to not have to undo a set of bolts to
get at the rocker assembly!

Geoffe Elias
'74 Super Beetle