Old December 26th 04, 09:48 PM
Dave Head

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 20:39:24 GMT, (Brent P)
wrote:

>In article >, Dave Head wrote:
>
>> Yet, a trucker here who said he tried very hard not to do it,would still scare
>> hell out of someone about once a week. He said he had mirrors all over the
>> place. A chrome ball in front of a truck will keep the trucker from running
>> over little kids directly below the front of the truck, but they don't help all
>> that much when trying to see an MG-B that is 30 feet behind the cab, alonside
>> the trailer. NO, the problem hasn't been solved.

>It is solved by a simple technique. Signal, check, re-check, start moving
>over slowly.

Yet someone who was attempting to be as cautious as he could, failed. Don't
even think about trying the "He's a moron" idea - it happens way too regular
for them all to be morons.

>If someone is there they will have time to either adjust

Like what? Say there's a Jersey Wall on the left, like I saw a truck squish
another car into in Kentucky or Tennessee (forget which - long time ago.)
There was nothing the guy could do...

>or
>make their presence known by moving into the field of vison or through
>audiable signal.

He didn't have time to move anywhere, and the damn trucks make _way_ too much
noise for the puny auto horn to be heard.

Denying there's a problem doesn't make it go away...

DPH