Old November 23rd 04, 09:53 PM
Pete M

In ,
SteveH > decided to enlighten our sheltered souls
with a rant as follows
> Hull Chap > wrote:
>
>> "bobdabilda" > wrote in
>> message ...
>>>
>>> Have a look (and register if you like) on www.alfa145.com/forum. A
>>> member has just said they are selling their black, T-registered,
>>> 1999, 145 QV.
>>>
>>> Post all the questions you like, we WILL answer them!

>> Thanks for the info. I'll have a look around. Is the 145 a car to
>> put a smile back on my face?

> IMHO, probably not. People will hate me for saying this, but it's
> just a Fiat with stick-on Alfa bits. Not a patch on the 33 it
> replaced.

No, Steve, you've failed to understand reality again. Alfa 33s were
something that should really never have happened. They're a total mess,
they're horrible to drive, badly built, look awful, and are nowhere near as
much fun as a 145 Cloverleaf. The Cloverleaf is fun, at least.

> I'd be looking at a 'widebody' 155 V6 or 8v T-Spark if I were you.
>
> <whispers>
> Not a lot of people know this, but the 'widebody' 155s are more or
> less
> a 156 without the flashy styling.

Aye, but avoid a narrow body 155 like the plague. They're cheap for a
reason.

--
Pete M - "Hater of FWD Vauxhalls"

Mercedes 260E
Ford Capri (ressurection starts soon)
COSOC #5
Scouse Git extraordinaire. Liverpool, Great Britain