Old January 12th 05, 01:56 AM
HAMBURGER

On 11 Jan 2005 15:08:52 -0800, wrote:
>I'm always grumpy after I get car repair done, because of strong
>suspicions of having been ripped off. (I'm a pretty clueless car
>owner.) Any idea whether replacing my 2001 Dodge Neon's front tires and
>all brakes (but not rotors) for $500 was way off, somewhat off, or spot
>on?
>
>TIA.

On my 300M, a set of ceramic brake pads all around - $100 and a set of
(4) kumho 16" tires - $200. They were already mounted and balanced on
steel rims ordered as a wheel package from Tire Rack, so I figure
mounting & balancing to be about $20 for each tire. Did you get your
rotors turned as well? If so that's probably another $15 for each
one. I do all the work myself so I'm sure things don't get
crossthreaded and are torqued properly, parts get lubed that require
it, caliper retracting clips get installed, etc., little things that
techs working under flat rate may skip doing.