Old August 7th 06, 05:11 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
sithdad

Default Durango engine problem

I have a '99 5.2L Durango w/ 96k miles on it. Recently I have had a run
of "bad luck" with it. In one week the alternator and starter needed
replacing and only a few days after that the water pump died. About 4-5
days after I got the truck back I was at a drive-in, with my kids, and
when we went to leave, at 2 a.m., the truck just turned over but would
not start. The battery is only 1 month old and using a fully charged
"jump pack" didn't help. What I did notice, though, is that when I
tried to start it the odometer flashed the mileage and then showed a "no
bus". I had it towed to a garage where I have all my work done and it
started right up for them, so they couldn't tell me what was causing my
problem. I am hoping that someone out here knows what it is because I
do not feel safe having anyone drive it, especially since that on
occaision the engine has begun to die while driving. Thanks.