Old April 17th 04, 04:20 PM
Peter

Because the average US motorist wouldn't be caught dead driving a diesel of
any kind, therefore most automakers don't bother trying to sell them. VW
and MB being execptions, but even they don't sell too many.

Also, the US government isn't going to spend US taxpayer's money to keep
British autoworkers employed, when they have their own workers to "keep
employed".