Old March 2nd 05, 06:45 PM
Dad

Actually your BS meter is full up to it's eyebrows. Now that the insults are
traded for what reason I don't know lets get to the facts. The after market
builders do no have to build to use GM parts. GM dealers don't have to
support after market tops. If there are GM parts used the dealer doesn't
have to know that. My response remains as stated, your suggestion to search
out the builder is right on. If the dealers he has to deal with are inclined
to work with him he may still get the parts he needs from them if that's
what the builder used. Maybe GM had your parts but how do you know they have
parts to his top without knowing the builder? Did you happen to notice the
country the post came from? Do you think that the top may have been built in
that country? Unplug the BS meter and start using your head.

If your flexible flyer is covered up in storage why did you need to repaint
the top, nobody can see it?

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

"Unquestionably Confused" > wrote in message
. com...
> on 3/1/2005 12:11 PM Dad said the following:
>> You sure are in a problem, GM don't make a hard top for the C4
>> convertible.
>> You will need to ask the manufacturer for some help. That said you now
>> need
>> to find out who made it.

> I'm not sure if I read the OP correctly but this response from Dad has
> pegged my Bull**** Meter all the way over to the high end of the scale.
>
> My '94 Vette is presently covered - as it usually is from late October
> until April or so - with a hardtop. Wasn't always so but I found one,
> bought it, had it painted since the maroon top looked somewhat strange on
> my Polo Green convertible<g>

Snipped more BS