Old March 2nd 05, 04:51 PM
Unquestionably Confused

on 3/1/2005 12:11 PM Dad said the following:
> You sure are in a problem, GM don't make a hard top for the C4 convertible.
> You will need to ask the manufacturer for some help. That said you now need
> to find out who made it.

I'm not sure if I read the OP correctly but this response from Dad has
pegged my Bull**** Meter all the way over to the high end of the scale.

My '94 Vette is presently covered - as it usually is from late October
until April or so - with a hardtop. Wasn't always so but I found one,
bought it, had it painted since the maroon top looked somewhat strange
on my Polo Green convertible<g>

The seller was missing most of the mounting hardware for the top. He
only had the two metal pieces for each side.

I went to the local Chevy dealership and they had the diagram for in
their computer. Ordered up the bolts for the channel steel structural
mounts as well as the little assemblies to snug down the rear of the
hardtop.

I assume that the OP was talking about the two little "tits" that go
into those bezels with the ~3/8" hole on either side of the deck lid?

Chevy has them in the system. Suggest you go back to a Chevy dealership
that sells some Corvettes or tell the parts guy to pull his head out of
his... and actually look in the computer.

FWIW, I bought one of everything on the parts diagram in the way of
fasteners and spent about $40 total and the items arrived by overnight
express so I was able to drive down to Louisville, KY and pick the top
up with my 'Vette. Got some really interesting looks on the Interstate
as I drove back with that top mounted. The car kinda looked like a
Christmas Tree ornament.

The top, BTW, is made by a 3rd party according to my research. Outfit
out of Indiana - I THINK. Google it a bit and you can learn more.

Bottom line, Bow Tie's got the parts - at least they did three years
ago. Might have them look back towards 91-92. The top may not have
been offered in 94 - not sure, but the earlier ones for the C4 fit just
fine.