Old February 1st 05, 05:44 AM
pendaho

One more thing. This technique has a bonus. If you die in a car crash
because you went through a red light, (or, for that matter, if you die
due to anything at all), then anything that you listed in the trust
(and properly retitled, for those items that are titled, such as cars,
bank accounts, and real estate) does not go through probate, which
saves your heirs a bunch of money and trouble.

I know this sounds like I'm trying to sell the Nolo software, but I'm
not, and I don't have anything to do with the Nolo folks. If you want,
you can borrow the Nolo trust book from many libraries and write the
trust documents yourself based on the samples in the Nolo trust book,
but the software really makes creating a trust much easier and faster.
You absolutely must have the trust document with you when you go to the
MVA in order to prove that the trust exists. Also, you'll need to get
the trust notorized after you create it, but that's a simple matter
that most banks will do for free for account holders.

Also, I've never gotten a camera-based speeding ticket, but I'm pretty
sure that camera-based speed tickets will also be addressed to the name
of the trust, and you can beat them in court the same way that you can
beat red light camera tickets. I suspect this might work for parking
tickets, too, but I haven't had any parking tickets since putting my
cars in a trust, so I haven't been able to test it. I guess I could
get a parking ticket intentionally, but I'll let someone do the testing
and post their results.