Old January 3rd 05, 07:15 PM
VIP_Fiend

"Matt Whiting" wrote:
> mic canic wrote:
>
> > when you use a scope and amp the signal twice you cut off

> the freq at the top of
> > the wave hence the word clipping and you can watch it on a

> scope it becomes a
> > stright line then drops bac down
> > doubt my words try hooking up a eq after a 2 channel high

> power radio has been
> > installed and use all high level wires to hook it up

> Only if you are overdriving one of the amps. Keep within the
> capability
> of the amp and you can cascade several before distortion
> becomes a
> significant factor.
>

> Matt

There’s a way around the whole amping an amp thing. Your aftermarket
deck should have a set of RCA jacks. Get a couple RCA male ends, wire
them to your rear speakers and you’re set. I had the same trouble with
an aftermarket replacing the Infinity CD player in my ’95 and the info
you guys gave for powering the amped did the trick. I hope the whole
RCA jack thing will work as well for you.

--
Posted using the http://www.AutoForumz.com/ interface, at author's request
Topic URL: http://www.AutoForumz.com/Dodge-Prob...pict75225.html