Old June 21st 05, 07:18 AM
Cartrivision1

You know and I know that most people bought SUV's when they were in
vogue because every other Suburban robot was buying one. Other
vehicles like you described might not be as fuel efficent as let's say
a Honda Civic, but those vehicles do not cause the same visual blight
on the scenery that large SUV's and pickup trucks do which is one of my
biggest gripes about the things.

And on top of that, most if not all do not certainly "need" a vehicle
which is bulkier/heavier than 2 "normal" sized sedans. Just because
people have the freedom to do something does not make it acceptable.
And yes, we ALL are suffering because of the extra fuel that these
lumbering behemoths use. In fact right after my last reply to this
thread I read a internet news article which blamed increased fuel use
for the rising prices. So we all lose.