Old July 17th 05, 05:30 AM
Dave

motsco_ _ wrote:

> She may be able to drive it a bit if she starts out in D1, then manually
> shifts it. You need to be sure that the idiot lights are all working.
> Perform the 'Lamp Check' as described in the Owner's manual to be sure
> the Malfunction Indicator light isn't actually trying to tell you
> something. 110,000 miles it 177,000 Km. I'd have changed that tranny
> fluid at least three times (twice each time) by now if i was the
> Original owner.
>
> Let us know how it goes. 'Curly'

I tried the different positions on the shifter and it does noting.
Does not even try to pull forward or reverse. When I drove it this
morning it did not slip even between second and third. It was like it
was going into freewheel for a second then catching good and solid.
When it quit on her this morning it had shifted from second into the
freewheeling and never shifted up or down again.
Just talked to the original owner a few hours ago. He said he did all
the oil changes himself but had the Honda dealer do the transmission
servicing at 30, 60 and the last at 90k (give or take a thousand) so it
has been serviced.
Was kind of hoping this might be something someone had experienced
before and could give us an idea of what to expect from the dealer.
I will see what happens next week and post the results. Thanks guys