Old May 30th 05, 03:59 PM
Mike Romain

Default TJ brake light problem, Help needed please.

A friend has a 98 TJ and the brake lights don't appear to have power.

The signals work and the emergency flasher works but the brake pedal
doesn't.

I haven't crawled under myself because I am not able, but from the
schematics (I only have the 2003 TJ wiring schematics, not the 98 one)
it appears the pink wire should be hot all the time from the fuse. My
friend says he sees .5 to 1.0 volts there with my meter. None of the
other wires are hot and the switch is dangling now (removed) so it
should be 'on'.

The fuse appears to be fine.

Is there something else I am missing that might crap out the power to
the switch?

Thanks for any ideas,

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's