Old January 24th 05, 11:48 PM
Richard Minami

Thanks for your input. It's most helpful!
I think the 2005 T&Cs have 215 HP and 245 lb-ft of torque. Sure sounds like
a lot! My Explorer has only 160 HP and 220 lb-ft. I wonder how much
different it would drive? I guess your 'burb has plenty of power to spare!
I often wonder what towing our little trailer would be like behind my
father-in-law's F250, with the 7.4 liter diesel?! I'd probably forget it
was even back there! Anyway, thanks again for your input.
Rich

________________
"jdoe" > wrote in message
> I tow a boat with our 99 T&C Ltd. 3.8. The rig weighs out about 1000 lbs.

> also own a Suburban (98 with 5.7 V8 and 4wd) Oddly enough while towing

with
> the 'burb from NW IL to central MN the van will get worse mileage than the
> 'burb will or very close. Unloaded on this trip the 'burb will get 16 to

18
> depending on weather and speed. Loaded it will get exactly the same. The

van
> will run avg. 21 to 22 unloaded on this trip and 15 to 16 loaded. Loaded
> meaning with boat. The little V6 takes a pretty hard "hit" while towing.
> The good part is it's VERY stable and I've never had a worry while

dragging
> it. It stops fine too. It does get sluggish though (hence the mileage hit)
> while the 'burb goes about it's business like it wasn't there.
> I've known more than one person who got rid of a Tahoe/Yukon/'Burb and got
> explorers or sport tracks (explorer truck?) and were amazed at how thirsty
> they are and wished for their full size V8 'burbs back.
> If you do go the van route I can tell you as a vehicle the T&C is superior
> to anything from Ford (even GM for that matter) just make sure you get

the
> trailer prep group.
> Larry
> "Richard Minami" > wrote in message
> > Hi! Anyone have any experience towing a fairly heavy tent trailer with
> > one
> > of the newer model Chrysler Town and Countrys? I'm thinking of

replacing
> > our poor gas mileage Ford Explorer for one of the new '05 T&Cs. They

sure