Old June 28th 05, 11:45 PM
James C. Reeves

"Carlton Clay" > wrote in message
> I've had a 96 4 cyl for nearly five years; I have always been dissapointed
> in the gas mileage-- anywhere from 13 to 17 in the city.
>
> For two days straight however, I used it to deliver stuff over 350 miles
> each day-- never turned it off in nearly 10 hours, and drove routes from
> 30 mph in the city to 80 on the highway. When I did that it got 23 mpg.
> It doesn't make any sense! Any ideas?

You'll always get the best average during highway use...even at 80MPH. But
you should be getting much better mileage than that! Heck, I average 18-19
city and 26-28 highway with the 3.3 V6 Grand Caravan! Have since I bought
it new 8+ years ago. And have gotten as high as 29-30 on some highway
trips!