Old July 21st 05, 10:26 PM
jeff

Nathan W. Collier wrote:
> its cool jeff, the ignorant wallows in ignorance theres nothing new there.
> that youre WRONG as clearly defined by dictionary.com obviously means
> nothing to you.
>
>>Yes, and I've shown usage beyond that.
>>http://reference.allrefer.com/encyclopedia/F/Freon.html

> expands upon, but does not define.

{Freon[frEŽon] [trade name], any one of a special class of chemical
compounds that are used as refrigerants, aerosol propellants, and
solvents. These compounds are haloalkanes, .. There are a number of
other Freons .. }

Is your reading comprehension level that low, or is is a simple case of
denial?
First, it it says quite plainly that Freons are compounds, secondly it
continues to use the term in a generic manner.

> do you have any idea how short the life of chlorine is in sunlight?
>>Given that sunlight rarely causes transmutation of elements, ummmm, plus
>>or minus a couple of billion years, I'd say *infinite*.

> lol can you give me ANYTHING to prove that assinine statement?

Let me get this straight: You are claiming that sunlight destroys the
chlorine atom? as in gone?

>>you may be thinking of hypochlorous acid (HOCl) which is the chemical
>>compound that referred to as "chlorine" in your swimming pool.

> oh yeah? what about pure chlorine gas used in pools?

You snipped that part: Cl2+H2O-> HCl+HOCl
Here is the tutorial: Chlorine gas (Cl2) is disolved in water (H2O) it
forms two compounds, hydrochloric acid (HCl) and hypochlorous acid
(H0Cl). The latter is what provides the germacidal action however it is
not strongly stable and sunlight breaks it down like this:
4(HOCl)-> 2(H20)+O2+Cl2 You know what's truely ironic? This selfsame
model of sunlight dissociating chlorine from a compound is what is
giving the enviro scientists such fits!
I couldn't have asked for a better straight man <G>

--
jeff