Old July 20th 05, 07:07 PM
jeff

Nathan W. Collier wrote:
> your links mean _nothing_ to me.

Yep, stick your fingers in your ears and say NaaaaNaaaaNaaaa....... I
Can't Hear you.......

> you do a google and think you know
> something about refrigeration? lol. im in the industry every day, im
> around others in the industry every day, and feel certain i know industry
> terminology better than you and your little google. :-)

The Google search terms were [Refrigeration Design Freon], and you know
what, the preponderance of the links came back using the term Freon
generically, as in offering Freon Compressors, and design expertise in
"Freon and Ammonia based refrigeration", and so on. Bottom line : On one
hand I have your unsupported assertion that *NOBODY* in the "Industry"
would ever use FREON in place of R-12 or dichlordiflouromethane.
Conversely I have provided 25 cites ( and that was just the tip of the
iceberg) showing common use of the term Freon for cfc based
refrigerants. Appeals to authority are not a valid argument technique,
especially when the authority is yourself.

>>Now, a hypothetical question: If a 70's vintage refrigerator leaks it's
>>refrigerant in your basement how do you remove the freon?

> the concentration of refrigerant in your basement wouldnt be enough to cause
> you a problem. however, eventually the home hvac system would pull the
> refrigerant upwards through the returns.

Yep, the same mechanism disburses freon in the atmosphere :-)

>>I can put a fan in the window and rely on air turbulence to mix it all up
>>and float it out the window?

> certainly. youre only talking about lifting it a few feet.

Ok, so I lift it a few feet. Then what? Will it magically fall again?
What prevents some portion of that which a fan lifted a couple of feet
from being further lifted by a breeze outside? You can't have your
argument both ways.

--
jeff