Old June 22nd 05, 01:59 PM
.boB

Mike wrote:

> I have a 1990 GT and want to know how to determine if the engine block
> is original. It may not be but I don't really know how to find out.
>
> Also if it doesnt match and I have no receipts to verify it was bought
> legally, which I beleive it was, how will this affect me selling my
> car. I live in AZ. Would this be a problem in my state and what about
> other states?
>
> Thanks for any help you more knowledgable people can share.

You can find the casting stamp on the bottom of the block, just above the
starter. If there's a lot of dirt and grime it will be hard to read. If it's clean,
it will still be hard to read. So be diliogent in your search.
The casting number will not match the VIN on your car. It will tell you when
the block was made, though. I don't live in AZ, never have. But in all the states I
have lived in, nobody checks the block number to register a vehicle.

--
..boB
1997 HD FXDWG - Turbocharged!