Old November 14th 04, 03:35 AM
Jerritt

Default 81-84 Diesel engine conversion

I am getting ready to convert my 84' Jetta 1.7l(CIS) to diesel. I live
in the middle of Chevy/Ford country where there are no pre-2000 VW's at
all(even less-so of diesels). I am going to have to do the conversion in
about a week. So I would like to have everything on hand cause I would
probabally have to order anything I am missing. I have a list of things
I have/planning to order.

Engine w/inj. pump.
intake manifold
Fuel filter assym. & fuel lines * filler neck
200mm clutch kit
Bentley for diesel jetta

I can manage making the glowplug circuit.
Is it suppose to only run the plugs at a certain temp?
and for how long?

Is there anything else I need? Does anyone know of a good place to get
the above? Does anyone have any hints on the conversion?

Does anyone have any high-res pics of the engine bay?(e-mail
)

TIA, Jerritt