Old March 28th 04, 09:35 PM
Willem-Jan Markerink

"Willem-Jan Markerink" > wrote in
:

> [posted and mailed]
>
> A kewl way to burn rice....)
>

> From the DTLC-list:
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I just got off the phone with my secret info source at Toyota and got a
> little insider information about Toyota's plans for the new huge versions
> of their Full size pickup. For those who don't know, its being built in
> Texas and will be configured bigger than the full size crowd. Crew cabs,
> 3/4 and one ton capacity etc. Toyota is saying that if you're going to
> build a pickup you better do it in Texas where some large percentage of
> the world market for pickup trucks is.
>
> Anyway all of that is common knowledge but the nagging question that has
> been unanswered so far is what will they power these trucks with? The hot
> rumour is that they will be using the 240HP diesel/electric hybrid that
> HINO is using in Japan! With the success of their tiny hybrid car Toyota
> is looking to please both the red neck and the eco crowds. The goal is to
> have the highest fuel economy of any full size with similar performance.
>
> Looking forward to seeing it.
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

> More browsing:
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...+hybrid+diesel

Since nobody got my hint of the Google-URL, I digged further myself....)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Btw, anyone know which type of Hino diesel this might be?
Through Hino Australia I see the J08C engine, with various output,
but none exactly 180kW (which would equal 240hp (factor 1.3333)).
Nonetheless, a torque-figure of 608/706/745Nm (447/520/548ft-lbs
(factor 1.36)) ain't bad....)
(with 158/173/191kW, or 210/231/255hp)

http://www.hino.com.au/tk/tk_sub_rs.htm

http://www.hino.com.au/tk/tk_sub_pe.htm

J08C being 8 liter?....)
(not much data there, but either J05C or J08C is an inline-6)

But 6- and 9-speed manuals sounds cool too....)

http://www.hino.com.au/tk/tk_sub_10_.htm

Ah yes, inline 6, 8 liter....gotta have one!....)))

http://www.hino.com.au/tk/tk_sub_10_s__.pdf

Willem (wondering whether that can be shoehorned into an FJ55?) Jan

--
Bye,

Willem-Jan Markerink

The desire to understand