Old June 13th 05, 02:53 AM
Eric

C'mon Bill... not everyone can afford a "new" axle AND gears (good luck
finding a D44 already geared to 4.88). I'm not looking to compete here, and
I'm pretty easy on the throttle. Not looking to build a monster, but trying
to improve my daily driving and get a lower first gear.

Besides, I wheel with a number of guys who have the D35c w/4.88s. Some of
them for years. And no one has had any problems. Yes, I know they break.
I know they're a terrible axle. When I break it, I'll upgrade to a D44 or
8.8. Until then...

Eric