Old June 12th 05, 05:13 AM
Eric

Default What brand of gears should I use?

I'm getting ready to regear my TJ. I do rock crawling at least once a
month -- maybe more. It is my daily driver. It's a 2.5L, 5spd. I have 33"
tires. It has 59k miles. I can't think of any other facts that matter
here...

So, I'm going with 4.88s. No question. The question is, what brand do I
buy?? I've heard great things about Yukon, but haven't heard anything about
any other brands -- good or bad. A fellow club member sells parts and I
asked him for a quote. Here's what I got. The parts would all be Genuine
Gear or Precision Gear:

Dana 35 Mater Install Kit is $83.95
Dana 30 Mater Install Kit is $65.79
Dana 30 4.88 R & P TJ is $139.40
Air Down Guage is $12.99 ( Filler for Free Frt)

Total Part is $302.13
Free Shipping over $300
Uncle Sam is $ 24.17
Grand Total $326.30

By the way -- I'm getting the rears for free (buddy of mine won a gift
certificate he isn't going to use, so he gave it to me for my b-day).

Should I spend more for Yukons? Are these OK? Thoughts, suggestions?
Thanks!

Eric
99 TJ SE