Old July 13th 05, 12:44 AM
JRE

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

>No matter what the dollar does against the pound, US products are always
>expensive in the UK. Probably the importers taking advantage.
>
>A 20,000 dollar US made car is likely to cost 25,000 plus GBP.
>
>BMWs also are cheaper in the US than the UK despite the extra freight
>costs. For example, a 545 SE auto costs 45,820 gbp.

My friends in the UK complain about the same thing. But what I found
really surprising was the low cost (and incredible range of optional
selection) of BMWs in Germany about 5 years ago. Sub-USD $20K E46 320i
, anyone? (OK, that's from memory and it's a stripper with no DSC, ABS,
etc. But still!)

JRE