Old July 12th 05, 10:19 PM
Dave Plowman (News)

In article .com>,
bfd > wrote:
> > Funnily, Snap On is the snob make in the UK. Very over priced - but
> > they do good credit terms and discount as they direct sell to the
> > garage trade so keep their customers that way.

> That's interesting. With the dollar taking a "pounding" (sorry,
> couldn't resist) from the UK Pound, you would think Snap-On tools would
> be "cheap" or at least more affordable than euro tools like Facom,
> which is very expensive in the US.

No matter what the dollar does against the pound, US products are always
expensive in the UK. Probably the importers taking advantage.

A 20,000 dollar US made car is likely to cost 25,000 plus GBP.

BMWs also are cheaper in the US than the UK despite the extra freight
costs. For example, a 545 SE auto costs 45,820 gbp.

--
*I wish the buck stopped here. I could use a few.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.