Old June 16th 04, 05:26 PM
Gordon

Nope

Apparently I left the car standing for too long this weekend and her
will to live seems to have completely vanished since. I'm not even
sure now it *is* an ignition problem and wonder if she's in need for
another heart transplant. However....

Ground strap seems okay (don't I also need that to run the solenoid?)
Steady voltage running to the coil.

When I lay one of the sparks on top of the engine I actually see it
sparking. Now my vision is somewhat blocked 'cause I'm looking through
the vent holes, but somehow the sparks seem erratic and I think they
are supposed to be blue-ish, not yellow. Still, shouldn't that give me
at least an occasional crank instead of the silent treatment I'm
receiving now???

Gordon

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 06:32:40 GMT, Catman
> wrote:

>On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 14:00:41 +0200, Gordon
> wrote:
>
>>Well, that's not quite it. Once it runs, it runs. It doesn't die while
>>driving.

>I suspect that might be a fluke.
>
>>I'll check both your suggestion and the one made by
>>MeatballTurbo though.

>Aye. Check the grounding strap, and the battery ground as well come
>to that
>>Thanks...

>Hope you sort it

Gordon