Old September 12th 06, 03:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Dr Moria

Default Crazy Electrical Problems in 1990 5.0 LX

"cdm331" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> OK, I am having crazy electrical issues in my 1990 LX. I am sure
> everyone is familiar with the familiar whine of the fuel pump in these
> cars pressurizing. Well, when I have the key turned to accessory (just
> before start), the fuel pump constantly pressurizes, even while
> attempting to start it continues to pressurize.

should buzz 2-5 sec then stop, at pressure about 45-50 or so

> Also, the tach jumps
> around like a babboon, there is a strange beeping noise (like pulsing
> electicity) coming from something that I cant pinpoint under the hood
> and there is a clicking coming from behind the gauges.

not started yet but with just the key turned ?
tach should not move at all,

Is the battery voltage low? like 10 V or below ?

> I would think it was the Fuel pump relay if it were only the pump that
> was acting up. My other thought is an EEC Relay or MAYBE the recalled
> ignition switch. The reason I am suspecting the ignition switch is
> because it is almost like its acting like I am flipping the key back
> and forth from acc. to off.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Cdm331

Clicking almost has to be a relay ?
replacing some of the relays on the fuse panel is quick, there is another
relay I had to replace that was just up under the dash, Ford doesn't always
put it in the same place, a bigger one, not sure what that was for.

Else break out he schematics, good luck

5.0 87
5.0 93 8#