Old March 26th 06, 10:13 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default GT4 vs real world, again

In article >, William Bradshaw > wrote:

>The thing that I noted was that Needell has real seat time at the track.
>They should have done the experiment at Nurburgring, the track Baker
>claimed to be great at. This way, both would be familiar with the track
>and its nuances.

While the 'Ring is open to the public so every yahoo (including me!)
can take a go, they'd have to be mighty careful about letting Baker
shoot for a fast time on it. Just too many blind curves with
little-to-no runoff. But I'm sure he would have jumped at the
chance.

Hopefully I'll get a shot at a few laps there on a biz trip next
week. But I don't expect to compete with my GT4 times, no sir.