Old September 1st 04, 08:51 PM
SS

36K service was £330. including cambelt check.
addtional work needed doing to the tune of:
New rear pads at £140. (bloody rip off)
and
Also needed power steeing leak recifying and rear suspension bushes - both
done under warranty so quite happy with that.

Whilst there asked a different person on the service desk - "soooo....what
if it fails before 72K then...?" and was again told "if it's been fully
serviced - and the check is done by a dealer and it subsequently fails we'll
sort it..."
however, unsurprisingly, they were not willing to put that in writing....

Was told experinece shows if they are going to go they go at 68K miles and
that they are repairing one now that went at about that - was told that only
cost to owner is to be the cambelt and tensioner which would have been
chargeable at the service.

[I had my 146 cambelt done a few years ago at an independant for about £480
with other service items included in that bill]

SS.