Old August 31st 04, 08:38 PM
SS

If you had to knock off 1K 'cos it hadn't been done then you were done
surely....would have been cheaper to pay for it to be done wouldnt it??

but....

funnily enough had the usual discussion with the dealer about cambelts..

"whats the score now with cambelts...?...had some history of failures
haven't you??"
"check at 36K sir... change at 72K"

"surely if your doing a worthwhile check it wouldn't be worth putting it
back"
"we visually inspect it by removing the cover and twisting it a bit"

"soooo....what if it fails before 72K then...?"
"if it's been fully serviced - and the check is done by a dealer and it
subsequently fails we'll sort it..."

needless to say I'll be asking for that in writing...