Old November 14th 04, 09:52 PM
David E Willson

I bought a 65 FB in Tacoma in 1970 (5 yr old in mint $1000). My
runnin' partner a few months later was out looking and found a 67FB
never sold by the dealer. Dealer got it as a stripped 6 cyl plain
jane.... when Dale bought it it has 294 4v, custom paint, headers,
dual exhaust, custom wheels and skins, custom sound and custom
interior (not just upgraded to pony, but taken to a custome upholstry
shop). Total price.. $2700.... and still under factory warrantee
because all the upgrades were done by the dealer. Two weeks later Dale
had orders to Vietnam... said it was going on blocks until he got
back. Those specials deals are out there.... I just never seem to be
the one to find them... LOL... The 66FB I sold a few months ago cost
(rounded off) $14,000. The 65FB I later bought cost $9000 before
restorations (estimate is around $26,000 by the time I have it all
done).

But this owner has more luck than Henry Ford! Who wouldn't want to
find a car that will be a run away hit for four decades, a decade
before it even apprears as a portotype.....

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 03:24:31 GMT, Dinsdale > wrote:

>On 14 Nov 2004 03:18:25 GMT, (Deadcarnahans)
>wrote:
>
>>>How did your dad buy a '66 car new in '74?

>>He got it from his dad in '74, his dad bought it new in '56
>>
>>DC

>Wow-- that's even better, buying a car 10 years before it comes out.
>
>heh heh

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16