Old January 14th 04, 12:50 PM
George King III

OK Dave, Here's your bonus answer. The owner of the car is Samuel F.
Langdell of New Boston. I got this information from Gerald Griffin.
Here is his answer to my inquiry:

George, The number was first issued in late 1906 to Samuel F. Langdell, of New Boston, for
a10 HP Maxwell-Brisco. These were Porcelain license Plates, white numbers on a green
background. The plates were "permanent" 1905-1911 although starting in 1910 one had to
renew yearly. If the owner bought a new vehicle he could have transfered the plates. If he
sold the vehicle and didn't replace it he would have turned the plates in and they may
have been issued to someone else. All we can say for certain is that the photo was likely
taken between late 1906 and early 1912. My museum is in Mont Vernon, NH. Minus eleven
degrees here this morning. Hope the information helps. G

From what Jerry says, I would assume that the Buick was Mr. Langdell's
second car. Since he registered the Maxwell-Brisco in 1906, it is
unlikely that the Buick is from that year but it has to be before 1910.

Please let me know if you find any further information. --- gk3