Old December 25th 04, 02:51 AM
Saychris2

Default The x-mas eve rear wheel seize

I know I will laugh about this someday.

First the Xmas tale-

My wife ventured to church this evening in the middle of a classic Buffalo lake
effect snow storm. The storm was north during her uneventful drive to church.
The storm shifted south while at church and starting dumping snow. She claims
that she heard a clunk when began to leave the church's snowy parking lot. It
sounded like running over a frozen chunk of ice. She drove a short distance
with the Windstar rear wheel seized and quickly realized a problem. She
stopped. My 2 year old son and I retrieved her and my two other kids and
ditched the van.

Here's some background.

During this event the temp is about 8 degrees F and windy with about 8" of new
snow blowing around. Yesterday was nearly 50 so I decided to wash the van
before a rain downpour. The van has been in the garage and driven prior to
this evening's event.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Now I think I am going to get a little cheer with
a little Crown in the Egg Nog.