Old August 27th 06, 11:01 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH

Default Interchangeable parts

George Graves > wrote:

> In article >,
> catman > wrote:
>
> > dorian wrote:
> > > I have a 84 Alfa gtv. There is an 84 Alfetta for sale. How much of the
> > > mechanical parts are interchangeable? Is the engine/gearbox/prop
> > > shaft/brakes and suspension the same? The body on the gtv is really
> > > straight, but mechanically not very sound.

> > The answer should be 'most' of them, with minor fettling. The only one
> > that I think won't is the propshaft which, I *think* is shorter on the
> > GTV. SteveH will be along with his anorak in a minute though.

> By Alfetta do you mean the sedan? Here in the US the sedan was not sold.
> What I know as an Alfetta is the 2+2 sports coupe that has the same body
> as a GTV-6 except that it has a flat bonnet (no bulge or "tea-tray") and
> a 4-cylinder engine.

Alfetta was a 4 door saloon, GTV was a 4-pot coupe, what you describe as
a GTV was a GTV6.

Technically, a GTV is an Alfetta GTV, to differenciate it from the older
Bertone GTV.

The 'V' is commonly mistaken for designating a V6 lump, however it
actually designates 'veloce'.
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark - B6 Passat 2.0TDI - COSOC KOTL