Old August 27th 06, 10:19 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
George Graves

Default Interchangeable parts

In article >,
catman > wrote:

> dorian wrote:
> > I have a 84 Alfa gtv. There is an 84 Alfetta for sale. How much of the
> > mechanical parts are interchangeable? Is the engine/gearbox/prop
> > shaft/brakes and suspension the same? The body on the gtv is really
> > straight, but mechanically not very sound.

> The answer should be 'most' of them, with minor fettling. The only one
> that I think won't is the propshaft which, I *think* is shorter on the
> GTV. SteveH will be along with his anorak in a minute though.

By Alfetta do you mean the sedan? Here in the US the sedan was not sold.
What I know as an Alfetta is the 2+2 sports coupe that has the same body
as a GTV-6 except that it has a flat bonnet (no bulge or "tea-tray") and
a 4-cylinder engine.

--
George Graves
The health of our society is a direct result of the men