Old August 27th 06, 11:40 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
catman

Default Interchangeable parts

SteveH wrote:
> catman > wrote:
>

>>dorian wrote:
>>
>>>I have a 84 Alfa gtv. There is an 84 Alfetta for sale. How much of the
>>>mechanical parts are interchangeable? Is the engine/gearbox/prop
>>>shaft/brakes and suspension the same? The body on the gtv is really
>>>straight, but mechanically not very sound.

>>The answer should be 'most' of them, with minor fettling. The only one
>>that I think won't is the propshaft which, I *think* is shorter on the
>>GTV. SteveH will be along with his anorak in a minute though.

> Heh. To be fair, my special area of knowledge is newer cars than this.
>
> However, you're spot on. The oily bits are almost completely
> interchangeable.
>
> You'd know this 'cos your 116 is a bit of a 116 / 75 mutant, innit?

Oh yes, but I also know that they don't all fit exactly[1]. So
'interchangeable' may well be the wrong word.

[1] Propshaft again. IIRC the 116 2l shaft is longer than the 3l one
but ISTBC

Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7 75 TS 156 TS S2
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk