Old April 28th 06, 08:44 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.legal

Default Caught speeding - make a run for it?

In article >,
says...

>"Alex Rodriguez" > wrote in message
.. .
>> If you were going that fast and it took him that long to catch up with
>> you, you should have simply said it wasn't you. Once the cop loses sight
>> of your car, there is no way for him to know when he came up behind you
>> that yours was the car that he saw going over the limit.
>> --------------
>> Alex

>Doesn't matter- the cop is the 'expert witness'.

It does matter. You would be stupid to just let it go at that.

>The judge will take his word for it 99.9% of the time.

If you are prepared, present well and ask all the right questions it should
not be a problem. There are some crooked judges out there, but I luckily
have not run into any of them. Of course I luckily have very limited
experience in court.

>Hard to outrun a radio.

Impossilbe, even.

>Best just to pull over when he lights you up, and take your fleecing like a
>man.

True. It's a lot worse if you don't.
Alex