Old January 3rd 05, 07:05 PM
Olaf Gustafson

On 31 Dec 2004 14:30:04 -0800, "gpsman" >
wrote:

><look who learned to snip via Google. It's not as easy as I make it
>look...!>
>
>Olaf Gustafson wrote:
>> On 31 Dec 2004 00:29:21 -0800, "gpsman" >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >The rush to get off the aircraft is as stupid than the rush to be

>first
>> >at the next traffic control device.
>> >

>> Not if you're a smoker! (Yeah, go ahead and flame me for that - it's
>> my choice and it doesn't affect you, so STFU.)

>I smoke like a chimney myself, numbnuts. Don't assume you're the last
>smoker on the planet who wants a butt at the end of a 4-5 hour flight.
>I've waited that long, a few minutes more is tolerable... for me.

Sure, it's tolerable. But why should everyone else rudely slow up the
process?

You could have another plane to catch.

>> >If you've flown much you know the first baggage checked is the last
>> >baggage off.

>> If you've flown much, you don't check baggage at all.
>>

>That works great going to Hawaii. A little tough to carry on what you
>need to travel to a less temperate climate or for an extended stay.

Nah - it's easy....you just gotta learn how to pack

>I've shipped stuff to a hotel a few days in advance. They'll usually
>pick it up and store it, no charge. Always, if they know you tip well.

That's a pain.

>> >It usually takes 15 minutes to get to baggage claim after
>> >exiting the aircraft and another 15-30 minutes after that for

>baggage
>> >from your flight to hit the carosel.

>> That all depends.....last time I checked baggage it was on the
>> carousel before I got there, and I walk fast and went directly to
>> baggage claim.

>Sometimes it happens that way. Nothing's always true. Even the speed of
>light varies.
>

>> >I also sit and watch the impatient morons elbow each other in the
>> >struggle to extract their carry-ons from the overhead bins and then
>> >stand in line to deplane.

>> That's part of the problem. Most luggage has handles. Simply reach
>> up, grab handle, pull....no struggling needed.
>>

>The "struggle" is to get the carry-ons from the bin FIRST... not
>necessarily with the baggage weight or cumbersome-ness. Interpreting
>everything literally... how's that working out for ya...?

You simply reach up - open bin if it's not already open, grab the
handle and pull. What more could there possibly be to it?

>> If I can be in a car leaving the airport instead of just deplaning,
>> that's where I want to be.
>>
>> >It's semi-entertaining to watch them NEVER
>> >get a clue... even when standing amongst the evidence... they are

>not
>> >the only person traveling by air that day.

>> No **** - so let the people who have to catch connecting flights or
>> simply don't like hanging around airports get the **** off the plane.
>>

>I've made and saved quite a bit of money being comped for airlines'
>incompetence. Fly First Class... they'll usually have a cart to drive
>you to the next gate if they think they'll have to comp you for missing
>a connection. Plus, you get off the plane first!

Yah - First class is nice. The people in it usually aren't such
****tards that they do most of the crap I was complaining about.

>I don't think many people enjoy hanging out in the airport.

Some folks sure seem to.

>Just for the record, how is a sloth a MFFY?

In this case, they're both.

>Doesn't the sloth
>designation indicate they're going *slower* than you?

Yup, but they also insist on being first.

>I suspect
>everyone is going slower than you.

could be - I'm like that guy in the Marathon commercials.