Old May 5th 05, 07:25 PM
Bob Shuman

EGR is easy to replace so you can certainly do it yourself. You may also
want to fix the reason for it clogging so soon. Does it burn oil? have you
replaced the PCV valve lately? Also, when you change the EGR, make sure you
clean the passageways on the manifolds.

Do not try to defeat the valve as this will most certainly set the SES light
and will also cause you to exceed NOx emissions.

Bob